I have a few close friends and they know more about me than the rest of the world. Here are some things you should know about me, the author and poet, JL Meicht.
1. I grew up in a trailer park and didn’t mind it as a kid. It was great to have all kinds of children to play with, only a short walk away.
2. I have three siblings… two brothers and one sister. We are all about one year apart. This means that my Mom was essentially pregnant for four years.
3. I have been writing since age 5. I have a composition notebook full of my poems and other pieces that inspire me!
4. My first published poem came at age 13. It was in a collective book of many new poets that I could not afford at the time. I still have most of the paperwork from my poem being accepted.
5. I won my first money reward in highschool Creative Writing class for an article I wrote about being homosexual.
6. I struggle with Borderline Personality Disorder. I was diagnosed five years ago.
7. I have been writing a book for about three years though I haven’t had much time to work on it because of this new blog.
8. I did not give birth to my daughter. My wife did but I was right there with her. Kicker is, we didnt know she was pregnant until two hours before the baby was born.
9. My wife and I moved into our apartment a year ago and we just recently finished decorating the walls with picture frames and canvases with sayings on them. Now its time to put my own photos in those picture frames! We procrastinate!
10. We want to get our daughter a kitten. We plan to adopt a female soon. I grew up with pets so I want my daughter to grow up that way too!
By JL Meicht – Posted from WordPress for Android